Salvation is Nearby

Monday, April 16, 2007

What a memorable night!

“The education of the self thought travel can be a journey which knows no end.”
Loreena McKennitt

Tonight I was at Loreena Mckennitt concert at Massey Hall in Toronto. As I could predict it was the best concert I had ever seen in my whole life. I have lived with her voice for the last 10 years and I have gifted her music to many of my friends. Her voice was so inspirational and spiritual!The scene, a combination of lanterns, curtain and an arch, integrated with the artistic lighting added to the quality of her music and her voice. The music was so deep and valuable that I could not believe it was coming out from their instruments! It was like a concert being played from heaven for the habitants of earth! Her voice and her music have such a healing effect that I believe if they play it constantly for psychological patients, they can automatically be recovered!
For the whole concert I was thinking of my sister who was used to sing and practice on her voice. While Loreena was playing harp, I was thinking that this instrument was being played 3000 BC in Mesopotamia, and now we don’t play it any more. What a sad destiny!
p.s: The picture is a mosaic excavated from Bishabour in Fars Province in Iran, related to Sassanid Empire, showing a woman playing harp.